Company or Organization: Alberta Blue Cross
Position Title: Communications officer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
Are you a communications professional with experience in the development and implementation of results-driven communications strategies? Are you a word wizard who thrives on creating engaging content, storytelling and finding innovative and exciting ways to communicate key messages to select audiences? If so, the Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications team has an exciting opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic, team-oriented, hard-working communications professional to join our busy Corporate Communications department in the position of communications officer. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department develops and delivers timely, effective and cost-efficient internal and external communications to support our organization’s three business units (government, group and individual products), key stakeholders, our employees and various corporate initiatives including sponsorships and community impact activities. Team members are quality-minded, responsive and dedicated to providing timely service. They hold themselves accountable for high levels of performance. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department is committed to communications best practices and has earned numerous awards for its quality work.
The communications officer leads and assists with the planning, executing and measuring impact of a wide variety of communications initiatives for both internal and external audiences. These include communication campaigns, digital marketing, advertising campaigns, print materials, presentations, special events and more. They will support and promote social media engagement for Alberta Blue Cross and proactively look for opportunities to improve our digital presence—including content creation and staying appraised of current social media trends. The communications officer is required to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities, carrying several projects at once—both independently and under the supervision of others—and may occasionally be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- University degree in communications or a degree plus a diploma in public relations.
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven organizational, project management, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Strong writing and presentation abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High detail orientation.
- High level of resourcefulness and creativity.
- High level of professionalism and service orientation.
- Proficiency in software including Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of all areas in social media management including developing and implementing social media plans and an understanding of the latest social media trends.
- Display an understanding of online marketing, blogs and social media analytics.
- Understanding of graphic and digital media (along with related technologies) is an asset.
- Understanding of current events, government and the health-care industry are definite assets.
- Professional membership in CPRS or IABC is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with the English language (both written and spoken).
How to apply: Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications, we are looking for please submit your resume, a minimum of three work samples and/or links to websites or online portfolio to us, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
About the Company or Organization: Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Closing Date: . This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Saturday August 14th, 2021