Company or Organization: Ethically Aligned AI
Position Title: Junior Marketing and Multimedia Content Producer
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications:We have an immediate opening for an entry-level content producer specializing in multimedia with audio and video editing skills; who can also take on communication, marketing and administrative responsibilities.
This is a full time, temporary role for 6-8 months, with an anticipated start date in August 2021.
This entry-level hybrid role is perfect if you are eager to use your to use their skills to create impactful strategic digital content for an early stage startup. You’ll be responsible for creating and producing storytelling video, podcasts and other digital content, as well as providing communications, marketing and administrative support.
- Support the creation and execution of media strategies, including social media postings and press releases for traditional media
- Produce and edit multimedia content
- Write treatments and scripts
- Provide research for blog, speaking engagements, marketing initiatives and other communications tactics
- Manage production and project administration e.g. budget creation, timelines, casting briefs and release forms
- Provide general administrative support, including handling of email and other correspondence, organize and track meeting and interview scheduling.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required
- Our ideal candidate is aligned with our mission and is passionate about ensuring that we develop our digital world in ways that are inclusive and empowering for everyone.
- Diploma or degree from a post-secondary multimedia content production program, marketing and communications program or equivalent.
- Some coursework in critical race theory, women’s studies, native studies, philosophy, political science or sociology is a plus, but not required.
- Produce video, shooting and editing productions independently
- Must have some shooting experience, comfortable working independently on location
- Produce podcasts, including research, chasing guests and editing
- Video and audio editing of content
- Excellent storytelling capabilities to bring ideas to life
- Knowledge of technological, media and cultural trends
- Understanding of social platforms and non-traditional brand communications
- Understanding of SEO, brand development, communication and content strategies
- An adaptable, collaborative creative problem solver who applies good judgement
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the uncertainty inherent in an early stage startup
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
How to apply:
Please include the following to apply:
- Copy of your current resume
- Cover letter detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this post. This is mandatory – applications not submitted with a covering letter will not be considered.
- Showreel or portfolio of digital video work, such as volunteer work, personal and class projects.
About the Company or Organization: Ethically Aligned AI is a BIPOC female led, early stage, social enterprise startup based in Edmonton, Alberta. We help organizations build better AI systems; and consumers to make sound choices in selecting trustworthy AI-enabled products or services. We support a safe, diverse and inclusive work environment and strongly encourage applications from candidates from a wide range of backgrounds.
Closing Date: July 30, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday July 30th, 2021