Company or Organization: APEGA
Position Title: Social Media Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
Reporting to the Digital Content Strategy Manager, the Social Media Specialist works both independently and part of a collaborative team to shape and execute APEGA’s social media strategy, which involves developing and implementing plans, monitoring the plans’ performance and progress, and adjusting plans as necessary to ensure goals are being met.
The Social Media Specialist utilizes various social media platforms to increase brand awareness and reputation with members, permit holders, and other stakeholders, including the public. Additionally, the Social Media Specialist works with APEGA’s Communications Specialists to provide social media support and advice to internal clients and ensure social media is considered and utilized effectively in communications planning.
- Developing, updating, and implementing social media strategies and campaigns to support internal and external communication initiatives aimed at informing and educating staff, members, permit holders, and other stakeholders.
- Generating, editing, publishing, and sharing relevant, high-quality content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Optimizing company pages within each platform to increase visibility of APEGA’s social content and overseeing all social media design (e.g., profile images, templates for posts).
- Creating editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Monitoring engagement and responding to social media inquiries and comments in a timely fashion based on best practices.
- Monitoring and moderating all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Collaborating with internal clients and the public affairs team members to provide strategic advice and direction on using social media.
- Collaborating with the Communications Department team members to generate creative content and provide expertise on social media best practices and requirements
- Defining social media key performance indicators and measuring and analyzing social media KPIs, insights, and best practices.
- Evaluating success of all social media campaigns and making recommendations for improvement.
- Developing a promotion strategy and promoting content through social advertising
- Identifying social influencers and target audiences.
- Supporting the development of a more comprehensive and richer library of images and infographics for APEGA.
- Creating, reviewing, and updating departmental documentation, including standard operating procedures, manuals, and guidelines.
- Keeping current with industry trends and actively researching and implementing best practices in internal and external communications.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing and Communication, Media and Public Relations and Writing Skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and proven work experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Superior knowledge of social media KPIs and best practices, as well as social analytics tools.
- Experience with graphic-design principles and software.
- Proven writing and editing skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, and meet tight timelines.
- Strong ability to build professional and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders, including working with diverse groups to engage and develop consensus.
- Strong interest in continual education and development and keeping up with social media trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with ease and clarity and approach tasks with tact and diplomacy.
- Post-secondary degree in Public Relations, Communications, New Media or Marketing
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Superior knowledge of social media key performance indicators and best practices, as well as use of social media analytics tools.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices.
- Experience in photography and videography is an asset.
- This position will work remotely to start and will transition to the APEGA office when appropriate and within government guidelines. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at HR@apega.ca.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization:
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic people who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You are committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and capable of delivering exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse and inclusive team!
Closing Date: September 20, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Monday September 20th, 2021