Company or Organization: NAIT
Position Title: Communications Specialist – Web
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications: Please Note: This is a 1-year temporary position expected to end on or before November 10, 2022.
NAIT is proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 10 consecutive years. We are also a proud partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion and Pride at Work Canada. Learn more about NAIT’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at nait.ca/edi.
An exciting opportunity exists at NAIT for a motivated, multi-talented communications specialist who plays a critical role in developing content, systems and processes for NAIT’s web properties. Reporting to the Team Lead, External Communications in NAIT’s Department of Marketing and Communications, this temporary, full-time position supports clients within the department and in other business units across NAIT.
As a strategic thinker, you have strong project management skills and you excel in digital environments. You must be able to write flawless copy that’s persuasive and optimized to meet specific audience needs. You understand best practices of web design and can proof and edit content using accepted web writing standards. You also thrive through collaboration, bringing valuable contributions to cross-functional teams of marketers, communicators, designers, developers, digital experts and others. You’re comfortable as a champion and trainer, working with clients to raise web writing standards and to align with NAIT’s brand identity and tone of voice.
• Write, edit and publish content on nait.ca, MyNAIT student portal, Staff Intranet and other NAIT web properties
• Work with clients and subject matter experts to develop optimized content following best practices in web writing and NAIT’s style guide
• Help oversee web governance and ensure the consistency of content on NAIT web properties through regular content audits
• Participate on cross-functional teams with marketers, communicators and web development specialists to develop content for new and existing web pages that support NAIT’s strategic plan
• Work with web team and data analytics specialist to identify traffic trends related to new and updated content, using that data to inform future decisions
• Oversee NAIT web writing style guide
• Contribute creative content to NAIT’s digital platforms
• Key member of NAIT’s emergency response communications team
Skills & Abilities
• Strong writing and editing skills with a talent for web writing
• SEO and/or SEM knowledge and experience
• Familiarity with web CMS
• Proven project and time management skills
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and delivering results under tight deadlines while remaining flexible to shifting priorities as needed
• Self-starter with the ability to work individually and in a team environment
• Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, flexible and open to change
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with different levels of an organization
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or a related discipline
• Minimum 4 years of experience supporting digital content strategies
• Knowledge of CP Style an asset
• Knowledge of Kentico CMS an asset
• Membership in IABC or CPRS an asset
Remuneration: The salary range for this position is $62,363.08 – $82,623.58. Total compensation will include a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter.
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html
How to apply: Please apply directly at:
About the Company or Organization:
Closing Date: September 23, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday September 23rd, 2021