Company or Organization: Covenant Foundation
Position Title: Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Covenant Foundation proudly supports Covenant Health, Covenant Care and Covenant Living and their 155-year legacy of healing the body, enriching the mind, and nurturing the soul.
Our foundation partners with the community to invest in transforming health care and to help create vibrant communities of health and healing for Albertans from all backgrounds, faiths and circumstances, from birth through every stage of life. The funds we raise support compassionate programs and services, leading-edge research and education, and state-of-the-art equipment for healthcare teams, patients, residents and their families at 20 Covenant hospitals and facilities across Alberta.
We’re seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the full-time, permanent position of communications & marketing coordinator.
Reporting to the senior manager of communications, the communications & marketing coordinator is responsible for providing timely and effective communications and marketing support to build awareness and promote a positive public image of the foundation, and support the foundation’s fundraising efforts. This position relies heavily on solid tactical skills – planning, writing and editing, visual content creation and project management – and focuses on digital and social media engagement. The successful candidate is an adaptive self-starter, with a sincere interest in making an impact on health care in Alberta.
What You’ll Do
• Plan, project manage and support internal and external communications and marketing efforts to create innovative, integrated solutions for events, stewardship and philanthropic initiatives such as digital campaigns, cause marketing, third-party fundraising, annual giving, major gifts, capital campaigns and legacy giving
• Contribute to the foundation’s digital and social media strategy, including developing, implementing and evaluating social media plans and a social media editorial calendar; recommend strategies to continually improve user experience and increase conversions
• Develop and deliver compelling social media (paid and organic), digital and traditional content in alignment with the Covenant Foundation brand and marketing and communications plan to create a consistent and engaging experience for audiences
• Monitor and manage social media accounts
• Research, write and edit stories and communications and marketing materials such as web content, e-newsletters, e-blasts, media advisories, event scripts and collateral, brochures and cases for support
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of creative initiatives
• Collaborate across the foundation and with external partners to ensure communications and marketing efforts are aligned; identify opportunities to share strategic initiatives and outcomes with stakeholders
What You Offer
• Proven ability to plan, create, implement and evaluate compelling, creative storytelling and social media content
• Demonstrated experience with social media platforms, management and marketing tools (e.g., Hootsuite, MailChimp), web analytics and other digital tracking and reporting solutions
• Demonstrated experience with content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Umbraco) and basic HTML and CSS
• Demonstrated experience creating visual content including designed collateral (e.g., social media assets, web banners, infographics, ads) using platforms such as Canva, basic video creation (e.g., Movie Maker, Animoto) and photography
• Strong ability to write simply, clearly and concisely using CP Style
• Proven project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks and handle change
• Ability to think strategically with proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to communicate and collaborate tactfully and effectively across departments and with all levels in the organization, demonstrating a service-oriented approach
• Ability to work individually and as part of an integrated team environment
• Strong commitment to personal development and continuing education to enhance knowledge of communications and marketing trends, best practices and new technologies
• Willing to work occasional evening and weekend hours
• Driver’s licence and vehicle required for occasional travel within Edmonton and very occasional day travel within surrounding communities
• Candidate is required to pass a criminal record check
• Diploma or degree in communications, marketing or related field
• Two to five years’ experience planning, creating, implementing and evaluating data-inspired
communications and marketing solutions across traditional, web and social channels
• Experience in a nonprofit environment an asset
• Membership in CPRS or IABC an asset
What We Offer
• Competitive salary: $60,000 – $67,500
• Comprehensive benefit package
• Pension plan
• Flex spending account
• Hybrid work environment (currently remote; will shift to a hybrid remote/in-office model when safe to do so)
• Culture code: Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, Engagement
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
How to apply: Interested applicants are asked to email their résumé, cover letter and two writing samples to Josie Hammond-Thrasher, senior manager, communications at: email@example.com.
About the Company or Organization: Covenant Foundation proudly supports Covenant Health, Covenant Care and Covenant Living and their 155-year legacy of healing the body, enriching the mind, and nurturing the soul.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is hired