Company or Organization: APEGA
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Specialist (fixed term)
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications: Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Marketing & Communications Specialist develops and implements APEGA’s marketing and communication activities for internal and external clients to achieve APEGA’s strategic and business goals. This involves building relationships and developing marketing and communications plans and programs to maintain and enhance APEGA’s reputation and brand as regulator of the professions.
• Developing marketing and communication programs, plans, and campaigns to support organizational goals and objectives.
• Maintaining consistent corporate brand voice across divisions, product lines, events, and programs.
• Collaborating with business units (internal clients) to create briefs and plans that outline clear project goals, tactics and success measures that are executable and measurable.
• Collaborating with design, production, and distribution teams to ensure collateral and promotional materials support marketing programs.
• Collaborating with the communications team to identify and employ appropriate tactics that address each plan’s goals and objectives.
• Gathering result data and produce reports for clients and the management team to show progress and identify improvements planning and execution of promotional and educational digital assets.
• Working with internal resources and outside consultants as needed—such as photographers, videographers, production designers—to ensure successful creation and delivery of materials.
• Developing support and promotional materials that effectively inform and engage stakeholders of communications initiatives.
• Creating and implementing strategies, as advised by Communications leaders to educate news media about APEGA initiatives.
• Collaborating with external public relations consultants who are tasked with creating APEGA’s public relations and media strategy.
• Researching, writing, and distributing news releases, backgrounders, media advisories, and public service announcements for events, initiatives, and programs.
• Assisting in the continuous improvement of the Communications Department by creating, reviewing, and updating departmental documentation, including standard operating procedures, manuals, policies, and guidelines.
• Keeping current with industry trends and actively researching and implementing best practices in internal and external communications.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
• Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
• Functional Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, Integrated Marketing Communications, Media and Public Relations, Partnering and Writing Skills.
• Requires marketing and communication planning experience, including digital media advertising, basic web content, and database management.
• Requires copywriting skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Requires working and theoretical understanding of project management practices.
• Ability to work independently, under pressure, set priorities, and meet tight timelines.
• Requires a strong ability to build professional and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders, including working with diverse groups to engage and develop consensus.
• Requires the demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with ease and clarity, and approach tasks with tact and diplomacy.
• Requires post-secondary education in marketing, public relations or communications.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency.
• Experience with digital content and social media is expected; photography and videography is an asset.
• This position will work remotely to start and will transition to the APEGA office when appropriate and within government guidelines. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
How to apply: We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture. If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at HR@apega.ca.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition. Thank you for your interest in APEGA. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization: Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change. Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta. We are looking for energetic people who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You are committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and capable of delivering exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse and inclusive team!
Closing Date: Nov 12, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday November 12th, 2021