Company or Organization: Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
Position Title: Communications Officer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Are you passionate about communication and have great business writing skills? Do you have experience creating content for a variety of communication activities? If yes, please keep reading.
Reporting to the Director, Member Communications and Recruitment the Officer, Communications will be part of the team responsible for communications content and activities primarily targeted to Alberta CPAs. Specific duties will include content creation, in the form of articles, web content, etc.; editing of communications pieces for a variety of media (digital, print, etc.); communications planning; and project management.
- Create content for various CPA Alberta communication pieces. This will include but is not limited to:
- E-newsletter articles
- Magazine articles
- Digital content
- Speaking notes for presentations and speeches
- Brochure and ad copy
- Edit and proofread a variety of communication materials.
- Develop communications strategies and plans.
- Provide communications support for CPA Alberta projects as directed.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree/Diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, English, or related field with three years of related experience, including writing and editing content.
- Excellent expository and business writing and editing skills are essential.
- Experience in developing communication vehicles, contributing to digital communication initiatives, and crafting speaking notes are desired.
- Extensive software proficiency covering a wide variety of applications.
- Ability to convert technical information into engaging and clear language.
- Some experience in leading communications projects and initiatives.
- Proven experience in planning and executing special events and corporate announcements.
- Strategic approach that takes “big picture” into account and anticipates potential risks and opportunities.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional overtime hours required.
- Telecommuting option may be available.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply.
Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The successful candidate will be required to confirm vaccinations in relation to COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to human rights exemptions.
How to apply:
Qualified interested candidates may apply online here:
About the Company or Organization:
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs.
CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Company website: https://www.cpaalberta.ca
Closing Date: Until filled