Company or Organization: Alberta Pulse Growers
Position Title: Event and Digital Coordinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
Do you have a flair for event planning and videography? Alberta Pulse Growers is hiring a full-time Event & Digital Coordinator. The successful candidate will use their excellent organizational skills and creativity as an integral part of a dynamic team that is working towards an exciting vision of pulses on every farm, on every plate.
With this as your goal, you will lead and coordinate a range of events and support digital/technical outreach for the organization, including enhancing social media opportunities. You will be responsible for planning and coordinating conferences, regional and annual meetings, and other in-person or virtual opportunities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you support the organization and work closely with APG staff, other provincial partners, and pulse grower groups across Canada to engage APG’s key audiences with relevant and timely information.
- Coordinate and plan key APG events such as the annual general meeting and regional meetings, as well as regular board meetings. This includes selection of venues, oversight of BEOs and room confirmations for participants (directors and APG staff).
- Responsible for virtual platform setup and in-room technology for the above key APG events.
- Including the coordination of all event speakers.
- Work with key APG staff to ensure successful outline and execution of social media events: webinars, video supports and social media outreach building the APG library of information.
- Set up sessions for video creation, podcasts, and webinar platform opportunities and ensure successful delivery of on-line/virtual events.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to profile and promote virtual learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with others on multi-stakeholder events such as FarmTech or other significant conferences where APG is engaged as a host or partner.
- Establish evaluations of events and bring forward suggested improvement aiming to provide the best learning opportunities for the farmer community.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to support social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and other accounts as required with yearly plans, monitoring, and content.
- Participate in outreach activities such as attendance at relevant trade shows, tours, meetings, industry events and provide feedback to APG on any issue and opportunities that may impact the organization. Travel will be required.
- Undertaking of meeting minutes at the regional meetings.
- Assist the Executive Director with other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in communications, event management, public relations or related programs preferred; equivalencies will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and the ability to take initiative.
- IT relevant skills including intelligence of virtual platforms and meeting connectivity.
- Enjoy working with people and have a positive, professional, and courteous attitude and a self-starter with initiative but also a team player.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to manage competing priorities;
- Capacity to research and sum up many types of issues.
- Knowledge of the agriculture and food industry is an asset.
- Experience working with boards or commissions is an additional asset, but not required.
The Alberta Pulse Growers Commission is an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary
and comprehensive benefits package within a stimulating, professional work environment.
The position is full time and will be headquartered in Leduc, AB. Interested candidates are asked to
submit a cover letter and detailed resume to the attention of Human Resources at
email@example.com no later than 3:00 PM (MST) May 24, 2022.
Thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization:
The Alberta Pulse Growers Commission (APG) is a farmer organization representing more than 6,500 producers who grow field peas, dry beans, chickpeas, lentils, faba beans and soybean in Alberta working toward the vision of pulses on every farm, on every plate.
Closing Date: May 24, 2022
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday May 24th, 2022