Company or Organization: College of Chiropractors of Alberta
Position Title: Communications Assistant
Position Type: Contract
Position Description and Qualifications:
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Assistant’s role will gain skills in writing, digital communications, teamwork, organization, accountability and problem-solving among many others.
This would be an excellent position for a student or graduate who is interested in acquiring more experience in a career in communications or would like to keep their skills fresh. The CCOA recognizes that candidates all have different skills and experiences to offer. While we are highlighting desired qualifications and skills in the following sections, it is not a checklist. If you are continuing to push your growth and development, then please consider applying even if you don’t check all the boxes on our posting.
Operational execution/distribution of college digital communications including:
• Proofreading content, designing, formatting and distributing digital communications (website, digital communications, email marketing, documents, graphics that align with the CCOA brand)
•Formatting and maintaining website content
• Format Word and PDF documents and templates
• Develop design projects as required (e.g., presentations, signage, graphics, etc.)
• Special project assistance like planning and executing webinars including logistics • Provide writing and editing support
Competencies and Behaviours
• Upholds the Vision, Mission and Values of the College
• Possesses a “figure it out” mindset
• Accepts full ownership and accountability for successful execution of role and responsibilities • Commits to consistently following established policies and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with regulated members, public, CCOA staff, and other external organizations
• Able to work effectively in a high pace environment, including handling multiple tasks efficiently and without compromising quality, and with a high degree of personal initiative
• Able to communicate, contribute and work cooperatively as a team member
• Able to manage change effectively and efficiently
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Education:
• Must be enrolled or graduated from a degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related area of study. Communications skills: • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to compose and proofread relevant materials for grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Must speak, read and write English fluently
• Solid understanding of communication tools and how to best create and present information in a visually appealing way.
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity working with basic HTML, Acrobat Pro DC, web content management systems is an asset
• A willingness to learn and be proficient using our website content management system (IMIS / RISE)
• Familiarity with design principles (though not expected to be a full-fledged graphic designer)
• Familiarity working with marketing, research and design tools like BeeFree or MailChimp, Canva or Adobe Creative Suite, SurveyMonkey, etc. is an asset
• Attention to detail and a commitment to keep track of deadlines
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment, adjusting as necessary to keep moving work forward.
Characteristics/traits for someone to enjoy this role:
• Likes to think critically about the intended audience and format content that is visually engaging and easy-to-read
• Enjoys a blend of in-person office time and remote work
• Enjoys being part of a team and is accountable for their work while having access to mentorship
• A willingness to learn new skills via mentorship, on-the-job training and online tutorials with a commitment to become proficient in them
• Takes the initiative to speak up when they have questions or need extra support
This position description outlines a representation of the responsibilities and specifications of the Communications Assistant role.
The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned, which are not specified in this description, as the role evolves or organizational requirements change. Occasional evening/weekend work and/or travel may be required. Compensation $20/hour As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of at least two COVID-19 vaccinations.
How to apply:
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this position by telling us how your relevant school and/or work experience has prepared you to undertake this role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in the CCOA; however, only those selected for a potential interview will be contacted. By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident status, or a valid work permit. The CCOA embraces diversity and equal opportunity. All candidates are considered for employment regardless of age, race, ethnicity religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran, or disability status. To Apply: Email a PDF version of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Communications Assistant” in the subject line. The application deadline is September 2, 2022.
About the Company or Organization:
If you are interested in ensuring Albertans receive safe, competent and ethical chiropractic care while gaining valuable communications experience in a paid internship, please read on. The College of Chiropractors of Alberta (CCOA) is the health profession regulatory college responsible for regulating the chiropractic profession in the interest of the public through the legislated framework of the Health Professions Act and the Chiropractor Profession Regulation.
• Registers Doctors of Chiropractic in Alberta;
• Ensures regulated member compliance to the Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and other practice requirements and guidelines;
• Monitors and evaluates professional, clinical, and ethical standards;
• Investigates complaints and initiates disciplinary proceedings when necessary, and;
• Establishes and oversees continuing competency programs.
Company website: https://theccoa.ca/
Closing Date: September 5, 2022
This career listing expires at 11:59am on Monday September 5th, 2022