Company or Organization: CPA Alberta
Position Title: Communications Officer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
CPA Alberta Communications Officer (Permanent Full-Time) Organization Overview CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary and provides hybrid Telecommuting opportunities. Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Are you a collaborative, self-motivated and passionate writer of creative business content? Do you have extensive proficiency covering wide variety of software applications and enjoy digital communication? If yes, please keep reading as this job might be for you.
Reporting to the Director, Member Communications and Recruitment the Officer, Communications is part of a team responsible for communications content and activities primarily targeted to Alberta CPAs. Specific responsibilities include content creation, in the form of articles, web content, etc.; editing of communications pieces for a variety of media (digital, print, etc.); communications planning; and project management.
- Create content for various CPA Alberta communication pieces. This will include but is not limited to:
- E-newsletter articles o Magazine articles
- Digital content
- Speaking notes for presentations and speeches
- Brochure and ad copy o Correspondence
- Edit and proofread a variety of communication materials.
- Develop communications strategies and plans.
- Provide communications support for CPA Alberta projects as directed.
- Liaise with stakeholders (e.g., Alberta CPAs, CPA Alberta sponsors) to develop content and ensure needs are met.
- Degree/Diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, English, or related field.
- Three years of related experience, including writing and editing content.
- Excellent expository and business writing and editing and proofreading skills are essential.
- Experience in developing communication vehicles, contributing to digital communication initiatives, and crafting speaking notes are desired.
- Ability to use technology and digital tools (with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications).
- Communications planning.
- Content creation.
- Values & Ethics
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Fast paced work environment.
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional overtime hours required.
- Telecommuting option may be available,
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
The successful candidate will be required to confirm vaccinations in relation to COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to human rights exemptions.
Company website: https://www.cpaalberta.ca/
Closing Date: August 24, 2022
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday August 24th, 2022