Company or Organization: APEGA
Title of the position you are hiring for: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Marketing & Communications Specialist develops and implements APEGA’s marketing and communication activities for internal and external clients to achieve APEGA’s strategic and business goals. This involves building relationships and developing marketing and communications plans and programs to maintain and enhance APEGA’s reputation and brand as regulator of the professions.
- Developing marketing and communication programs, plans, and campaigns to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintaining consistent corporate brand voice across divisions, product lines, events, and programs.
- Collaborating with business units (internal clients) to create briefs and plans that outline clear project goals, tactics and success measures that are executable and measurable.
- Collaborating with design, production, and distribution teams to ensure collateral and promotional materials support marketing programs.
- Collaborating with the communications team to identify and employ appropriate tactics that address each plan’s goals and objectives.
- Gathering result data and produce reports for clients and the management team to show progress and identify improvements planning and execution of promotional and educational digital assets.
- Working with internal resources and outside consultants as needed—such as photographers, videographers, production designers—to ensure successful creation and delivery of materials.
- Developing support and promotional materials that effectively inform and engage stakeholders of communications initiatives.
- Creating and implementing strategies, as advised by Communications leaders to educate news media about APEGA initiatives.
- Collaborating with external public relations consultants who are tasked with creating APEGA’s public relations and media strategy.
- Researching, writing, and distributing news releases, backgrounders, media advisories, and public Assisting in the continuous improvement of the Communications Department by creating, reviewing, and updating departmental documentation, including standard operating procedures, manuals, policies, and guidelines.
- Keeping current with industry trends and actively researching and implementing best practices in internal and external communications.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, Integrated Marketing Communications, Media and Public Relations, Partnering and Writing Skills.
- Requires marketing and communication planning experience, including digital media advertising, basic web content, and database management.
- Requires copywriting skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Requires working and theoretical understanding of project management practices.
- Requires a strong ability to build professional and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders, including working with diverse groups to engage and develop consensus.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with ease and clarity, and approach tasks with tact and diplomacy.
- Requires post-secondary education in marketing, public relations or communications.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency.
- Experience with digital content and social media is expected; photography and videography is an asset.
- This position will work remotely to start and will transition to the APEGA office when appropriate and within government guidelines. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
How to apply:
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture.
APEGA’s Vaccination policy and protocol is currently suspended requiring agency contractors and staff to be fully vaccinated and required to show proof of vaccination. This policy and protocol may be reinstated at any time in alignment with public health measures.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume directly through our company website (https://www.apega.ca/about-apega/apega-careers).
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization:
Created on April 10, 1920, the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) regulates the practices of engineering and geoscience in Alberta on behalf of the Government of Alberta through the Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act.
We are the largest regulator of self-regulated professionals in Western Canada. Our registrants work in diverse industries, contributing significantly to Alberta’s economic success and enhancing the quality of life Albertans enjoy.
Our main regulatory function is licensing individuals and companies that want to practise engineering and geoscience in Alberta. Applicants and companies that meet APEGA’s standards for ethical, professional, and technical competency earn the right to practise and use reserved titles and designations.
APEGA professionals and permit holders—companies and other organizations that practise engineering, geoscience, or both—have a shared commitment to public safety and well-being through the self-regulation of the professions. Serving the public interest is our privilege and our responsibility.
APEGA also takes part in the national conversation on engineering and geoscience issues through our involvement with Engineers Canada and Geoscientists Canada.
Company website :http://www.apega.ca
Closing Date : Until successful candidate is found
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Monday December 5th, 2022