Company or Organization: Women Building Futures
Position: Manager, Marketing and Communications
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
Reporting to the Director, Client Activation, the Manager, Marketing & Communications leads a team that develops, leads, and monitors the annual marketing and external communications strategy for Women Building Futures (WBF) and oversees all internal communications processes and corporate activities and events. This role works closely across and through the organization as well as with WBF stakeholders. The role leads a team of three WBF marketing and communications professionals as well as external consultants and contractors to produce and deliver a variety of projects that lead women through their journey from interest in WBF to student to alumna. Being a strong people leader who can offer strategic guidance to the team and the organization, and lead proactive communications is essential to the role.
The Marketing and Communications team is responsible for creating awareness about and interest in WBF programs and supporting the organization’s excellent communications and media outreach. Modes used include paid advertising campaigns, promotional materials, presentations, email marketing campaigns, newsletters, and more. The role is responsible for strategies that raise awareness of WBF’s mission and work and, while doing that, upholds the organization’s strong reputation. The Manager also ensures all internal and external communication efforts advance the strategic goals of the organization and ultimately the WBF Mission and Strategy.
This is a full-time permanent hybrid position.
Strategy & Planning
* Develop the Marketing and Communications annual strategy and plans with supporting key performance indicators, aligning with WBF’s strategic and business plans.
* Implement plans and specific segmented campaigns reaching target audiences including industry associations, employers and prospective students in both existing and new markets.
* Create and maintain processes that support quality reporting of defined metrics.
* Develop, manage and report on the operating budget for Marketing and Communications.
* Lead internal communications strategies that enhance and foster strong internal communication.
* With Senior Leadership, develop and then implement Marketing & Communications plans to build awareness in new markets and grow awareness in existing ones.
* Lead content and user experience reviews that keep WBF’s web communications clear, correct and concise while positioning WBF as a leader in workforce development and social impact.
* Lead the WBF Marketing and Communications team, providing excellent service and strategic advice.
* Align WBF’s marketing and communications work with the organization’s business plan and 2-year strategy
* Support the senior leadership team and others in the organization to lead consistent, clear communications through dedicated channels.
* Manage external creative and production resources to deliver on marketing plan outcomes.
* Lead the brand standards guidelines implementation for strong visual identity management
* Help to onboard new employees by sharing sound understanding of the WBF brand.
* Guide the marketing and communications team to develop and execute the social media strategy and proactive public relations initiatives.
* Notify and prepare the President & CEO or other spokespeople to respond to media requests in a well-prepared and timely manner.
* Lead the team to develop, edit and produce high-quality internal and external publications, including annual report, quarterly newsletter, blog and marketing tools used at public forums and exhibitions: stand design, scripts, videos, and print materials.
* Uphold consistency of the WBF voice through review, feedback, and approval of mass communication
* Foster strong media relationships.
* Manage third-party contracts to effectively manage deliverables of the marketing strategy, which spans awareness campaigns for both prospective students and potential partners.
* Advise on and approve media and media planning and buying with media buyer.
* Develop (independently and with contractors) creative content for marketing communications and campaigns across integrated communications channels.
* Manage external creative teams and production vendors from development to distribution of promotional and collateral materials.
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
* Strong people-leadership skills
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
* Collaborative relationship builder with a strong service orientation
* Highly proficient with computers – Microsoft Office, databases, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva online, social media platforms, and project management tools
* Familiarity with traditional printing processes and production best practices
* Ability to art direct photo and video shoots is considered an asset
* Familiarity with emerging technology and communication platforms – media publishing
* Strategic internal and external communication planning abilities
* Comfortable with public relations and familiar with advertising
* Ability to forecast, budget, and plan
* Analytical bent with ability to synthesize data and disseminate information clearly
* Strong project management skills
* Familiarity with social purpose and/or non-profit sectors an asset
* Exposure to sectors where women are under-represented an asset (eg. Trades)
* Awareness of cultural, economic, and social barriers to adult learning and employment, especially for women an asset
* Flexible, adaptable, and responsive to a dynamic environment
* Ability to think broadly (blue sky), and implement strategic plans
* Alignment with WBF’s values and culture, including a commitment to continuous learning, and creating safe, inclusive workplaces with respect for all employees, applicants, students and stakeholders
Education & Experience:
* Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business (graduate degree an asset)
* 10 years experience in a senior marketing or communications role
* Team leadership and direct report experience in a small to mid-sized organization
* Experience with managing public relations, communications, creative, web-based and social media resources
* Experience writing and executing marketing strategy and plans, including budgeting
* Track record of delivering results within budget
* Evidence of ongoing learning – marketing, communications, public relations, social media, etc.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to apply: https://womenbuildingfutures.bamboohr.com/careers/121
About the Company or Organization:
Women Building Futures (WBF) is a non-profit organization that empowers women to become economically prosperous through industry-recognized trades training. WBF is building an inclusive culture that encourages, uplifts, and celebrates diversity of our employees and the communities we serve. WBF is committed to workplace inclusion based on values of Integrity, Health & Safety, Courage, and Compassion. Career opportunities with WBF are open to people of all genders. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Company website: https://womenbuildingfutures.ca/
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Monday April 3rd, 2023