Company or Organization: County of Grande Prairie No. 1
Position: Senior Marketing Advisor
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
The County of Grande Prairie is refining and growing its plans to be first in building sustainable, prosperous and safe communities. Part of this is our future as a viable, thriving and sustainable community. Success in economic development depends on solid branding and marketing of the County’s economic development priority.
The Senior Marketing Advisor is a new position, reporting to the Communications & Marketing Manager and will provide marketing and communications expertise in advancing domestic and global marketing campaigns required to fulfill economic development strategy and marketing activities.
Using your creativity and expertise, this position will support the Economic Development Manager in crafting the new economic development marketing strategy for the County.
We offer a competitive salary that includes a 35-hour work week in a hybrid environment with paid or banked overtime at time-and-a-half for every hour worked, over 7 hours per day or 35 hours per week. The position includes relocation assistance if needed, an excellent employee benefits package with extended health care options and a Health and Wellness account to suit your needs, as well as a LAPP pension program.
- Deliver strong, compelling, and convincing marketing/advertising program that supports the County’s economic growth ambitions.
- Apply marketing experience to advance a range of marketing initiatives and domestic/global campaigns.
- Engage with the County’s business community.
- Ensure consistency in brand, process and corporate messaging.
- Support the Economic Development Manager and a consultant in developing the County’s economic development marketing strategy.
- Provide advice and leadership to the organization and community on economic development marketing.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or a related field, plus five years of progressively more complex marketing experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in a municipal government environment considered an asset. Also, experience in economic development considered an asset.
- Record of significant accomplishments in developing and managing effective high impact marketing plans and resulting implementation considered an asset.
- Advanced ability to write and edit marketing plans and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver professional presentations.
- IAP2 Foundations training considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the business community, intergovernmental partners, staff throughout the organization, Senior Management and Council.
- The County offers immense opportunities and an unmatched quality of life. Our residents are supported by an abundance of high-quality services in close-knit communities with big city amenities. Enjoy our affordable housing options and the ability to get to work without the gridlock. We offer a wealth of indoor facilities and an outdoor playground of recreation and cultural activities. Join us and help build the best version of our region for today and tomorrow!
How To Apply: https://countygp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/19811.html
Company Website: https://countygp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/19811.html
Closing Date: April 7, 2023
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday April 7th, 2023