Company or Organization:
Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
NAIT is looking for a highly skilled, strategic communications leader who has a desire to work in a fast-paced work environment, supporting innovation and creativity.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the successful candidate will seek to identify and implement opportunities to enhance NAIT’s reputation and to support the achievement of business goals and objectives across a variety of disciplines such as business and issues communications as well as government and stakeholder relations. Success is further achieved through the leadership of a multi-disciplined team of strategic and specialized communications employees, and ensuring business unit clients are provided with excellent communications advice and services.
• Strong strategic communications planning, execution and evaluation skills are key as you connect and support a variety of areas across NAIT while constantly considering and promoting the NAIT brand provincially, nationally, and internationally.
• Supervising, coaching, and mentoring a high-performing team of communication professionals.
• Cultivating collaborative relationships within NAIT to enhance institutional knowledge of business unit objectives and key results.
• Navigating needs and overseeing complex, sensitive communication projects involving multiple external and internal stakeholders
Skills & Abilities:
• Extensive and well-rounded knowledge of communications planning, practices, and techniques
• Experienced in supervising and leading a team
• Strong inter-personal skills to cultivate collaborative relationships
• Skilled in interpreting complex, high quantity information
• Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively while sometimes navigating unclear circumstances
• Superior writing and editing skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or Communications
• Minimum 5 years of related experience including supervision.
• Equivalent combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
Remuneration: $96,356.787 – $127,657.66 annually, commensurate with education and experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
How to apply:
In order to ensure your application is received by NAIT for thorough review and consideration, please apply directly through our Careers site at www.nait.ca/careers
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.
About the Company or Organization:
At NAIT, people matter.
We’re proud to have been named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 12 consecutive years. Developing an engaging, supportive, and rewarding work culture is something we take seriously. We know that people are our biggest asset – they are what makes NAIT a great place to work.
At NAIT, you are part of a community that makes a difference in the lives of students, staff and industry clients and partners. The NAIT culture reflects our shared values of respect, collaboration, celebration, creativity, and accountability. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and are a proud partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion and Pride at Work Canada. NAIT is committed to advancing equity and cultivating inclusion throughout the hiring process. We especially encourage applications from Aboriginal and Indigenous people, Black and racialized people, gender and sexually diverse (2SLGBTQIA+ and women) people, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
What we offer
We’ve created a benefits package that focuses on health and wellness, professional and personal growth, recognition, and work-life balance.
NAIT is a flexible workplace and depending on the nature of your role, you may request flexible work arrangements with respect to where and when you work, including being on-campus full-time, working off-site, or a combination of the two.
Employees also have access to excellent vacation time, paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s, a strong recognition program, learning opportunities, 2 annual all-staff professional development days and so much more.
Health and safety
You can find the latest information on NAIT’s response to COVID-19 at nait.ca/covid19.
Applicants with education credentials earned outside of Canada who have not had them previously assessed should have their credentials evaluated by World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
NAIT is an inclusive employer and strives to hire a diverse workforce. If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any accommodation during the selection process. Please contact us via email at email@example.com.
We thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Company website :
Closing Date :
November 29, 2023