Company or Organization:
City of St. Albert
Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications:
The City of St. Albert’s Communications and Public Affairs department is recruiting for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join their team on a term assignment. The Coordinator will be responsible for the development and coordination of all elements of electronic and written marketing and communication, both internal and external, for the City of St. Albert.
These elements include, but are not limited to:
• development and execution of marketing-communication strategies and tactics as part of an overarching marketing-communications plan;
• planning, writing, developing, implementing and evaluating all marketing/advertising/communication tactics;
• promotion and distribution of information about City programs, services, amenities, events and initiatives;
• development and posting of messaging on the City website and via City social media channels;
• development of online and printed publications, advertising and promotions;
• coordination, creation, editing and posting of photographs and videos;
• hosting and live-streaming virtual events.
Skills & Abilities
The individual we are looking for has strong organizational and interpersonal skills, can work at a fast pace with high volumes of work and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. This position will draw on a candidate’s ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly when needed, meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail and accuracy. Someone with a positive attitude, flexibility, and initiative will be a great fit for this position.
• Diploma or undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
• At minimum three (3) years of experience in communications or marketing.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of marketing communications processes, including writing, editing, print production, large format printing, print and digital advertising, media buying, photography, videography, social media, HTML, content management systems for both websites and mobile applications, and data analytics.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with operating a digital SLR camera and digital video camera.
• Proficiency with Zoom and YouTube platforms.
• Knowledge of SharePoint would be an asset.
How to apply:
Visit www.careers.stalbert.ca to apply directly via the City of St. Albert Careers site. You will need to create an applicant profile and upload a cover letter and resume by the closing date of December 5, 2023.
About the Company or Organization:
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 70,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and we are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
Company website :
Closing Date :
December 5th 2023