Company or Organization: Concordia University of Edmonton
Position Title: Communication Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
The Communication Specialist plays an integral role on the Marketing & Communications team by creating original content to align with CUE’s institutional priorities and strategic goals. This role will use a variety of communication channels to create thoughtful and strategic content that builds CUE’s image, brand and reputation, and serves to inform and engage key audiences.
- Creates purpose-driven, informative and compelling content to engage the university’s diverse audiences. This may include developing stories, announcements, newsletters, media releases, website and intranet content, briefing notes, key messages, speaking notes, video and audio scripts, reports, publications, and social media content.
- Identifies unique storytelling opportunities. Writes, produces and edits stories that advance the university’s goals, including through videos, photos, and infographics.
- Develops and executes communication plans and campaigns for a wide variety of initiatives across the organization.
- Builds strong relationships with internal clients, working directly with them to support their business goals with communication strategies and products.
- Collaborates with Marketing & Communications colleagues on communication objectives, a content marketing strategy, the development of an online content hub, and a regular editorial calendar.
- Manages a variety of internal and external communication channels, including websites and an employee intranet. Plays a key role in advising and coordinating the launch of new web platforms.
- Collaborates with a graphic designer and other colleagues on the production of creative materials, and infographics.
- Maintains an editorial style guide for the organization; follows branding and visual identity guidelines.
- Uses metrics and analytics to evaluate audience engagement and to measure success.
- Contributes to ongoing continuous improvement with an eye to future trends in technology and digital communications.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in communication and is connected with the post-secondary institution landscape.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism, English or combination of education and experience. Graduate level degree is considered an asset.
- A minimum of three to five years of related communication experience, including storytelling and communication planning/advising.
- Superior English language writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management and time management abilities; ability to thrive in a collaborative and busy team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, content management systems (CMS), Google applications, and social media platforms.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across the organization.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement, creative solutions, making data-informed decisions, and testing new ideas.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and content marketing considered an asset.
- Experience in internal communication and employee engagement considered an asset.
- Having a working knowledge of SEO best practices considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF. Please visit:
About the Company or Organization:
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, and citizens for the common good.
CUE campus is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, and management. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
Company website: http:concordia.ab.ca
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed as they are received, position will remain open until filled.