On November 8, CPRS Edmonton hosted a full day PD workshop with Mark Ragan, Publisher and CEO of Ragan Communications, Inc. Mark shared and demonstrated the principles of brand journalism including how to write like reporter, think like publisher and put emotion at heart of stories. Through his obvious engagement in the topic and use of humour, he was able to tell, show and explain why his writing and editing formulas work.
The workshop also included an honest and humble presentation by Kim Blanchette, Public Affairs Vice President for the Alberta Energy Regulator and President of CPRS National. Kim’s approach to sharing the lessons learned throughout her brand journalism journey grabbed the attention of everyone who attended. She answered questions, shared insights and left them with the promise to share her presentation.
Congratulations to Heather McIntyre and Kyla Gaelick whose Tweeting efforts throughout the workshop earned them free access to a 2017 Ragan event.
- Write and manage content that appeals to today’s hectic reader
- Organize your communication strategy around a standard newsroom
- Use original and curated content to be the leading publisher in your niche
- Create content that is so useful that people will be compelled to share it—over and over again
- Become the #1 destination for customers and potential customers—and get this done on a tiny budget
- Master the 10 email techniques that increase readership and brand loyalty
- Integrate social media and content to boost your website traffic
- Generate leads for your organization by writing must-read white papers for your customers
- Build a subscription list of customers, the media and key influencers and keep them coming back for more
- Measure the success of your content strategy
Written by Mary McIntyre
Programming Co-chair, CPRS Edmonton Board